Level 2 Award in Inspection & Testing - Initial Verification of electrical installation work.
Inspection & Testing - Initial Verification
This is a fundamental level 2 electrical training course for the inspection, testing and initial verification of new electrical systems. Achieving this award demonstrates the ability to test newly installed electrical circuits.
This course is ideal for those who want to enhance their skills and is an excellent stepping stone for those with less experience as you can progress from this to a level 3 inspecting and testing course after successful completion.
- Test Instruments Used
- Safe Isolation Steps
- Dead Testing - Tests Used
- Live Testing - Tests Used
- Certification - EIC and Minor Works
- Safe Isolation
- Earth continuity, R1+R2
- Insulation Resistance
- Polarity, Ze, Zs
- RCD Disconnection Time Tests
Printable Course Book
- Download, print and keep
- Notes covering all sessions
- Dead and Live Testing
- Sample completed certificates
Five day classroom training with the final exam and practical assessment taken on day five.
A more practical hands on training experience where you'll learn physically how to inspect and test new electrical installations including rewires and additions and alterations to existing circuits. Plus, selecting and completing the relevant Electrical Installation Certificate or Minor Works Certificate for the installation.
- Day 1: Introduction to inspection and testing. Including electrical theory and test equipment used.
- Day 2: Dead testing theory and practical
- Day 3: Live testing theory and practical
- Day 4: Exam and assessment preparation
- Day 5: Final exam and practical assessment
* Timetable may vary.
Available Training Options
This course is available as part of the Silver training package.
* Click on the tabs below for more information
- L3: Domestic Building Regulations: Online training with centre exam.
- L2: Inspection & Testing - Initial Verification: Online training and five day centre training, assessment and exam.
- DEI - Online Theory Course: Online training.
- Plenty of time to pass with up to twelve months access. * An extension period is available if needed. Terms & conditions apply
Cost : £1077.97 including VAT : See 'How to Book' for enrolment information
How to Book
Course registration and payments can be made online or by phone.
For instant access register today and pay online.
Register first and select your training option and pay online for instant access.
Online payments are processed using PayPal and are totally secure . You do not need to have a PayPal account - just select the "checkout as guest" option at PayPal.
Pay By Phone : 0800 043 7671 during office hours Monday - Friday
We do not store card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties. Online training access within 30 minutes upon receipt of cleared payment.
Multiple Venues in...
* Depending upon demand classroom training venues are subject to availability
You Will Need: A copy of the current IET Guidance Note 3 (See Electrician's Books), a calculator with a √ function and photographic ID on the day of your exam.
Final Exam: Centre based on-screen multiple choice exam consisting of forty questions to be completed within eighty minutes as well as a practical assessment completed on the final day. Grading for this qualification is Pass or Fail.
Entry Requirements: A current 18th Edition qualification is required and some electrical installation inspection & testing experience is recommended but not essential.
Group Bookings: A discount of 5% is available for group bookings of three or more. Please contact us for more details.